Sunday 17 August 2014

CASE Study 4th Anniversary Challenge

If you have time, you should check out the CASE Study 4th Anniversary Challenge.  There are some wonderful video tutorials and samples that are part of the Design Team's Blog Hop as well as some great samples made by participating crafters like myself.  After checking out all the blogs that are part of the blog hop, we are invited to CASE one of the projects ourselves.  This is what I'm doing in this post.

I chose to CASE Maureen Merritt.  I loved the romantic feel of her project and knew I could come up with the materials necessary to attempt it.  This was her project:


I haven't worked much with stencils and don't own any that would work to achieve the look of Maureen's card, but I pride myself on being able to find ways around obstacles like that.  Making my own stencil by cutting paper out with one of my die's, for example, helped me to get the effect I wanted.  I used the Poppy Elsa Butterly Branch and also my oval framelit.  Together they worked to give me a pattern over which I was able to use my sponge dauber to add Melon Mambo ink.  For the vellum leaves, I used my Penny Black Dancing Leaves die.

For my bits of "dazzle", I added three of the tiniest of the butterflies from the Beautiful Wings embosslits folder cut from Gold Foil and several of the large rhinestones coloured with my Melon Mambo Blendabilities.  The "hello" is cut from Gold Foil as well and the "sweet love" is heat embossed using Gold Embossing powder.  

Finally, I used my Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder on my base cardstock of Naturals White.




8 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty, love that you created the background, great case :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant card! I love, how you saw the original card. Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say, Umichka. Thank you very much. I enjoy your challenges.

      Delete
  3. Your card is so pretty - love the little gold butterflies xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love your handmade stencil! I didn't use a stencil either, that's a background stamp :) Thanks so much for CASE-ing me, I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments, Maureen. I think it's funny that neither of us used a stencil. Funny, but in a good way. :)

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.