Sunday 24 August 2014

Perk Up! -- Another Ode to Coffee.

Am I obsessing about coffee?  It may seem like it but this is actually a celebration of the little monkey stamp I re-discovered.  Well, and it's a bit about coffee.  Without coffee, my world would be slow and sad.

I found a great sketch at the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge:


Besides that, I found a challenge with a geometric theme at Addicted to CAS:
I also found a challenge called "to die for", all about adding a die-cut, at Papertake Weekly Challenges.

What does all that add up to?  A really fun card would be the right answer.  I chose to use my coffee-carrying little monkey again for this card.  I also used a Jim Holtz "Honeycomb Panel" die, the Stampin' Up! Morning Coffee stamp set (retired), and the Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  All the colouring was done using the new Stampin' Up! Blendabilities.

My base cardstock is Baked Brown Sugar followed by a layer of Early Espresso and then a layer of Naturals White which I stamped using the Gorgeous Grunge set.  In the top right corner I stamped "Perk up" from the Morning Coffee set.  Then I attached the Early Espresso die-cut honeycomb panel and filled in the hexagon spaces with Baked Brown Sugar die-cuts.  

I stamped the monkey and the coffee cup onto Whisper White using black Memento ink and then fussy-cut them both after colouring them.  I attached the monkey to the honeycomb panel and then attached the coffee cup to an Early Espresso die-cut hexagon and attached that to the card with Dimensionals.


For more cards using this sketch, check out Freshly Made Sketches.

For more cards with a geometric theme, check out Addicted to CAS.

For more cards featuring die-cuts, check out the Papertake Weekly Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. This card is just too much fun! Very creative! Love the colors and details. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy. I always enjoy your sketches. They've been so much fun.

      Delete
  2. Ok this is adorable! Love that little guy and all of his coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. I love that little guy, too.

      Delete
  3. He is so adorable!!!! Love the design and colours you have used. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Kylie. I've had two cup days just like the little guy.

      Delete
  4. Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.