Saturday 13 September 2014

A colourful challenge

The Make My Monday challenge is asking for projects that reflect an Indian Summer.  The more colourful, apparently, the better.  And so I began to create.

For my base I used Naturals White followed by Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Basic Black and a piece of the lovely but retired Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper.  I decided to stamp the patterned paper with a silhouette from the retired Just Believe stamp set.  It made for an elegant foil for the die-cut butterfly which I added.  Don't you just love the pop of colour that the butterfly gives?


For more cards interpreting Indian Summer, check out Make My Monday.

For more cards with Butterflies, check out City Crafter Challenges.

10 comments:

  1. Hello Heidi - what a beautiful card you have shared with us this week - such beautiful colours too, what a great way to showcase that big butterfly - thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jacqueline. I hadn't realized how large that butterfly was but with all the cut-outs, it felt airy enough to work with the card.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ros. I enjoyed the challenge.

      Delete
  3. oh lovely, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful butterfly and background! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Charlene. I really enjoy the challenges at CCCB. :)

      Delete
  5. Really gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining in with my MMM Indian Summer challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.