Sunday 9 November 2014

Let it Snow -- it's all silver and white

Where I live it's really not that unusual to have snow on the ground already by the beginning of November so I knew we were living on borrowed time, enjoying the mild Autumn weather.  Alas, it all came to an end when it began snowing yesterday afternoon and hasn't figured out how to stop yet.  We already have at least six inches on the ground right now.  Considering that on Saturday morning we still had green grass, that's a lot of snow.

Yes, it's pretty.  Right now it's very sparkly and clean.  Later, when there is all that road dirt and sanding it won't be so pristine and pretty but right now I have to admit that it's picture perfect.  Of course I used that as my inspiration for the card that I created to enter some challenges.  The Stampin' Royalty, for example, called for silver to be used in a card while the Freshly Made Sketches had the perfect sketch for what I had in mind:
Can't you just imagine that sketch in white and silver?  

I began with a base of Smoky Slate and then added a layer of that wonderful silver-foil-dotted All Is Calm Specialty Designer Paper.  For the smaller rectangle I used a base of Silver Foil and then added a layer of Whisper White.  I heat embossed the Whisper White using Versamark and Silver Embossing Powder.  Then I added a die-cut of musical notes to the top, all the while hearing the song "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" inside my head.  I added another die-cut, this time a snowflake, to the bottom right of my smaller rectangle and my card was complete.  Simple but oh so pretty in real life.  Sadly silver does not photograph well, especially in the evening.


For more cards using silver, check out Stampin' Royalty.

For more cards using this sketch, check out Freshly Made Sketches.

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty card - I can imagine how sparkly and shiny it is in person. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susangail. It really does look better in person.

      Delete
  2. Silver is tough to photograph but this is beautiful! Lov ethe die cut notes and snowflake.....so delicate! We await our first sow in upstate NY......won't be long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linda. I may try to photograph it again now that there is more natural light. It has stopped snowing and is so much brighter than yesterday. (Yay!) Of course the white stuff is still on the ground...

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I love the snowflake on here and I love the silver and white together. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amy. I found that snowflake die at a Farmer's Market in town. I loved the design and had to have it.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.