Wednesday 18 February 2015

FM197 --- Party Animals

*So excited to be a Friday Mashup Glamette for this card.*

I've  been busy lately and haven't entered as many challenges but when I saw the one at the Friday Mashup Challenge Blog I knew I had to make a card for it.  After all, I had bought the From the Herd stamp set and what better opportunity to use it than this?


It's all about farm animals and bling, with bonus points for a goat.  Well, of course mine would have a goat.

I decided to make a tag with only the goat and the crazy chicken.  They were side by side and so inking them up with my Stampin' Marker was easy.  I used my Scalloped Tag Topper punch to cut the top of my tag and then used the Project Life corner punch to round the bottom corners.  After colouring my tag with my Blendabilities, I mounted it on Smoky Slate and cut a small border around it.  

My base cardstock is Smoky Slate followed by a layer of Naturals White.  Then I added a layer from the Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper Stack.  The grass image was the perfect background for my tag.

It's almost impossible to tell from my photo but the "Happy Birthday" is cut from the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.  For some additional bling I also added a red rhinestone to the goat's bell to make it look more like a ruby pendant.


I couldn't resist using the retired Googley Eyes for the goat.  

For more cards with this theme, check out the Friday Mashup.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...those eyes are the best! I love how you just did the two critters on the tag! Thanks for playing along with us at FMU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Breelin. The goat was just begging for those googley eyes. I couldn't resist. And they do add a certain manic air to the pair, don't they?

      Delete
  2. I just love how you stamped these two by themselves! They are just so cute and funny!!! They do make quite the silly pair! Congrats on your honorable mention at Friday Mashup and thanks for your kind comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jenny. What a surprise! I haven't checked the FM and so the honourable mention is a very happy surprise this morning.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.