Wednesday 29 April 2015

FM206 --- A Rainy Day

So far this April our "rainy" days have been rather white instead of wet.  Thankfully that white stuff only lasts a day or two before it melts but it's almost the end of April and all I can say is "Enough already!"  The rainy day theme from the Friday Mashup really appealed to me.


A couple of years ago we had the prettiest Designer Paper with little umbrellas all over it.  The colours really made me think of Spring and those umbrellas---perfect for this challenge.  Of course I used it for the background of my card.  For the stamping inside my shaker window (I'm going to miss those Windows framelits) I simply inked up the umbrella from the Life's Adventure Hostess stamp set along with its sentiment.  Since April is usually a windy month, I've also got that stamped umbrella flying through the air.

The polka dot edge along each side?  I used my 1/16 inch hole punch.  I love the simple but elegant finish it gives, don't you?  

For more great rainy day cards, check out the Friday Mashup.



2 comments:

  1. Such a fun shaker card and that DSP is just perfect! I think I still have some of it and never even thought to bring it out!

    Thanks so much for playing along with The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.