Wednesday 4 November 2015

FM232 - Hello Fall! (Rock Star at the Friday Mashup Challenge)

*Thrilled to have been picked as Rock Star for the Friday Mashup*

There are few leaves in the trees now and those on the ground are, for the most part, looking a bit on the grungy side.  That's what I had in my mind as I created my card for the latest Friday Mashup challenge.  The mashup, you see, is all about either using leaves or using their sketch.  Of course there is always the choice of mashing the two together, which is what I enjoy doing.  My card, therefore, is all about the fallen leaves in my world using the sketch.


I decided to use the retired Naturals White cardstock as my base because it, too, is not completely clean looking with its natural fibres and specks showing.   I used a variety of neutrals, including Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, and Tip Top Taupe.  To those colours I added a bit of Cajun Craze, So Saffron and Delightful Dijon.  My stamp sets included Vintage Leaves, Gorgeous Grunge and For all Things.  I kept it simple.  After adding a bit of sponging around the perimeter of my layers, I finished it off with three little sequins.  That bit of bling seemed to be just what it needed.

For more cards using this sketch or leaves, check out the Friday Mashup.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the splatters of color and how the banner with the sentiment seems to be drifting between falling leaves!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa. I was so happy with the way the stamp sets worked together so well.

      Delete
  2. Hi Heidi! Great fall card. I love finding new ways to use my Vintage Leaves stamp set and your leaves are great inspiration! Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at the Friday Mashup! ~amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Amy. I'm so glad you found my leaves inspirational.

      Delete
  3. Hi Heidi! Your card is wonderful! Great Fall scene!! Have an amazing weekend! Hugs Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jenna. I love those leaf images.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.