Tuesday 5 April 2016

When white is another colour - Less is More #270

One of the things that I love about CAS cards is the amount of white space.  But what if the white can't be white?  Then you're looking at leaving as much of the coloured background space as clean as possible, right?  Yes, I know the concept, but it still felt odd thinking of Blackberry Bliss as my "white".

I've used Blackberry Bliss as my base cardstock and then added a layer of Whisper White just for the framing and then another layer of Blackberry Bliss.  On that final layer of Blackberry Bliss, I've heat embossed both the images and the sentiment using my White embossing powder.  The image of the floral silhouette is from the Serene Silhouettes set while the bee is from the retired Springtime Hello set.  The sentiment is from the Rose Wonder set.


I hope you'll play along with the "Less is More" challenge this week.

20 comments:

  1. Loving your card Heidi ! Great choice of background colour !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sid. I love that Blackberry Bliss and will miss the intensity of its colour when it retires.

      Delete
  2. I love the effect of white embossing on that gorgeous background colour. Nicely done, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Esther. The white really "pops", doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. Oh this is super, white embossing was definitely the way to go!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What immaculate stamping... difficult on a dark base with light EP!
    Super design too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Chrissie. That's where the Embossing Buddy comes in so handy. It gets rid of that static electricity so that you don't have errant flakes of white.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty delicate card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A dramatic and striking BG which works brilliantly with your elegant design and images. Great card and Thanks for playing along and sharing at Less is More this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your image looks so crisp against the rich colour of the base, Heidi! I love the drama it creates. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card. The contrast between that white embossing and the base card is superb.
    So sorry I'm late - still playing catch-up from my holiday! Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sharon. I know all about catching up from being on vacation---haven't quite caught up yet.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.