Thursday 19 May 2016

FMS237 - Today Belongs to You

I love clean and simple sketches.  For me the challenge is to put across an idea or tell a story with the least number of images (or words).  The sketch at the Freshly Made Sketches challenge allows me to do that.
I love the clean lines of the sketch.  For my base I chose the Night of Navy.  I added a layer of Whisper White for my stamping and also a border to the right side of the Whisper White from the Affectionately Yours Washi tape.  I've had the sentiment forever and the tiny flower came with that stamp set, echoing the flowers in that Washi tape border.  Just for fun I added the butterfly from my retired Best Thoughts stamp set and a few splatters thanks to the wonderful Gorgeous Grunge set.  For my colours I used Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride, Night of Navy and, of course, Basic Black.


I hope you'll check out the other cards at the Freshly Made Sketches challenges.

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Your inks match the DSP perfectly! Love how it turned out! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. I always think matching the inks is an important part of card-making whenever it's possible.

      Delete
  2. I adore this card! The papers and colours you've used are just gorgeous and I love those stamps you've used. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the dark blue base and the colorful washi is perfect with the butterfly. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jen. Love that Washi tape.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.