Tuesday 19 December 2017

Sunday Stamps Challenge #168 - Warmth of the Season

It's been a while since I've done a sketch challenge and, surprisingly, I enjoyed it very much.  Staying within the parameters of the sketch was a welcome challenge and I love the results with the card that I created.


I decided to stay with white and blue plus a bit of dazzle.  My base is Whisper White followed by a layer of Night of Navy.  Then I took a piece of Watercolour Paper and went to town with it and my blue Brusho watercolour crystals.  Between spraying and lightly stroking the crystals with a brush, the background is gorgeous.  I think it shows off the Night of Navy circle beautifully, not to mention the dazzling die-cut from the Hearts Come Home bundle.  For my lower rectangle, I turned to a pretty piece of retired designer paper and then added the strip of Night of Navy heat embossed in white with the sentiment from the same bundle.  A few sequins and the card is done!


I'm playing along with the Sunday Stamps Challenge #168 (SSC168) with this card.

I'm also playing along with the SUO #190 challenge for the favourite Christmas image.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the background panel and the glittery snow scene. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello heidi! this is amazing, I luv how you used the sketch and the sweet scene is darlin! I am so glad you played along with us at
    sunday stamps!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, you did a lovely job! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card! Love the background and the use of the sketch as well as the neutral colors! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges- hugs and I hope you have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun card...love the colors and the circle focal point! Thanks for playing along with the SUO challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely wintry card. That Brusho background is just stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect Christmas Card. Thankyou so much for joining in the fun with SUO CHallenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning card Heidi! I love all the layers and that spectacular back round. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My very favorite thinlet set! What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.