Wednesday 10 January 2018

Thanks a Latte

Sketches are fun.  They challenge one to keep within the parameters of a set design and still come up with one's own fun creation.  Well with the sketch by Crystal Komora over at the Paper Craft Crew I knew right away I wanted to use my Coffee Cafe stamp set.  Strangely enough, the only stamp which I used out of the set was the sentiment "Thanks a Latte" and, actually, I cut the "Thanks" away. 

The Designer Paper for the Coffee Break Suite is awesome.  I love the colours.  I love the designs on all the papers.  I can't say enough about it.  It rocks!  So I cut out some of the awesome images, such as the coffee pot and the three little "to-go cups" and, along with the strip of coffee bean Designer Paper, I used that for the card.  My colours?  Keeping with the colours in the paper, I used a base of Whisper White, an embossed layer of Crumb Cake, and then some additional bits of Garden Green and Early Espresso.

I used a large "Thanks" die to cut into the embossed Crumb Cake and then bumped it up on three layers of Early Espresso "Thanks" before adhering it back onto the card.  Cutting into the little stamped oval with the "Thanks" die allowed me to push the "A Latte" portion right into the "Thanks".


I'm playing along with the Paper Craft Crew Challenge #275 (PCC275).

I'm also playing along with the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog which is all about using patterned paper.  Since all my images are from patterned paper as well, I'm in.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to cut out your images, fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thats wonderful Heidi. Great use of the Coffee dsp with the pot here. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.