Wednesday 14 February 2018

Live With Passion


When I saw a friend's card for the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge, I knew I wanted to try the sketch for this week.  It's funny how sometimes a sketch or a combination of colours can "speak" to you and make you want to use them, isn't it?

This is the sketch to which I'm referring:


Very simple, right?  And the samples by the DT show such a variety of interpretations.  It simply made me want to try it myself.  And so I did.

First of all I took a scrap piece of Heavy Whisper White and played around with two Distress Oxide colours:  Cracked Pistachio and Broken China.  I kept the colours simple and didn't layer them very much.  After I had dried it well, I used the plain dragonfly thinlit from the set of Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits to cut out my image.

For my base I used Heavy Whisper White.  After masking off a rectangle at the left of the front, I stamped the grass from the retired Inspired By Nature stamp set using the Tranquil Tide ink.  Then I stamped the sentiment from the same set using the same ink in the bottom right corner.  Once the ink was nicely dried, I attached the dragonfly which I had previously prepared to the grass using small dimensionals.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

CAS Colours & sketches #259

HLS February Anything Goes With Dies Challenge

11 comments:

  1. What a perfect cas design - so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the sketch, Heidi. This is so peaceful and gentle. Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully CAS and love the color on the butterfly! So happy you could share this with us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes w/ Dies Challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful CAS and beautiful use of the sketch. Love that dragonfly. Thanks for joining us this week at the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grass image is a clever interpretation of the vertical lines element of the sketch! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the grass as the stripe element from the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful CAS card and I am super glad you were inspired to join in on the challenge at CC&S. Hope to see you in the gallery again ;) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! great take on the sketch,too.Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.